Adolf Galland and Erich Hartmann Autographs.

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Adolf Galland and Erich Hartmann Autographs.

Postby Dave_Holden » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:46 pm

Just got hold of these two nice autographs, its in the post now but couldent resist posting, I am particularly happy with the Hartmann signature as its hard to find:

Adolf Josef Ferdinand Galland (19 March 1912 – 9 February 1996) was a German Luftwaffe general and flying ace who served throughout the Second World War in Europe. He flew 705 combat missions, and fought on the Western Front and in the Defence of the Reich. On four occasions, he survived being shot down, and he was credited with 104 aerial victories, all of them against the Western Allies.

Erich Alfred Hartmann (19 April 1922 – 20 September 1993), nicknamed "Bubi" ("The Kid") by his German comrades and the "Black Devil" by his Soviet adversaries, was a German fighter pilot during World War II and the most successful fighter ace in the history of aerial warfare. He flew 1,404 combat missions and participated in aerial combat on 825 separate occasions. He was credited with shooting down 352 Allied aircraft—350 Soviet and two American—while serving with the Luftwaffe. During the course of his career, Hartmann was forced to crash-land his fighter 16 times due to either damage received from parts of enemy aircraft he had just shot down or mechanical failure.

Thank for looking :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Devils Bank

Re: Adolf Galland and Erich Hartmann Autographs.

Postby The Devils Bank » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:44 pm

Two great Luftwaffe flyers Dave, and two much sort after autographs :ymapplause:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:12 pm

Well done on this one Dave. Would be a great addition to anyone's collection. Regards Mark

Christopher Ailsby

Postby Christopher Ailsby » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:53 am

On the Fiield of Honor - THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE OF INTEREST. a BIT DIFFERENT COLLECTION.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Christopher Ailsby

Postby Christopher Ailsby » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 am

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:01 pm

Fantastic Chris - amazing stuff, but I see no Erich Hartmann so I feel a little better :thumbsup: Congratulations on your autographs you just about got all the top Lufty Boys.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:10 pm

Great book Christopher :thumbsup: Regards Mark

Christopher Ailsby

Postby Christopher Ailsby » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:49 am

Dave, I have Erich Hartmann on a picture. It is interesting that when I did this, these chaps seemed not to want to engauge with him. What happened Galland had the book, then sent it to Gollob, then onwards. It took about 2 years. That is why Erich Hartmann is not in. Also another "old pal" Otto Weidinger was going to do it but unfortunately he died, but he had done another book for me. He was a Chemist, so there was a conection.

Andyb

Postby Andyb » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Some great signatures and pictures there. :thumbsup: