Third Reich era earthenware bowl.

Moderator: Dave_Holden

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Third Reich era earthenware bowl.

Postby Dave_Holden » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:10 pm

This is a rare TR era earthenware bowl – very unusual item. Its around the size of a large breakfast bowl and completely free from any damage. Internal of the bowl it has a single Algiz Rune – meaning protection, below a sun-wheel swastika. Around the outer side of the bowl it is decorated with Hagel Runes – meaning faith. Himmler often signed personal message cards with this rune as he wished to demonstrate his total faith in the Nazi movement. The decorations are all crisp and sharp. On the underside of the bowl it is maker marked “HB”, with the letters joined together.

A rare bowl that was probably sold at shops around the time of the summer solstice, as many earthenware items were sold at this time.

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andyb

Re: Third Reich era earthenware bowl.

Postby Andyb » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:18 pm

That’s is a really nice and unusual piece Dave , even today items still come out from the war which I have never seen :thumbsup:

If you don’t mind me asking, what would be the price on an item like this with it being rare :thumbsup:

Ps , are you putting a link up to your shop as well lovejoy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi Andy.

Yes the link will be on the footer of Broadsword - I will let you all know when its up and running, bit of luck Tuesday coming. I will have a lot of my own collection up for sale but certainly not all. Its a gamble but there is so much coming out of Germany at present I will be buying hopefully for my collection. Sick of traveling in my work, so its time for a change.

I have a few interviews in the pipeline which I will publish on my website - keep you informed. Time for a change in my lifestyle, he who dares Rodders!

The bowl will be up for sale on the web shop, you can contact me if you like once its up and running.

D

The Devils Bank

Postby The Devils Bank » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:47 pm

That bowl should be full of porridge.. :grin:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:21 pm

Very nice bowl Dave. Here's to exciting times ahead :thumbsup: Regards Mark

resistanceunit

Postby resistanceunit » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Awesome Dave, I love it...!

But a word about the runes,

the Algiz is often referred to as the "Life" rune, which was its more prevalent meaning during the TR era. As can be seen by its adoption on the Frauenschaft badges, tinnies and used instead of the "Born" on dates on gravestones of the period, and used inverted for "Died". I think an HJ medics badge with the rune was also produced.

The Hagal rune is from the later Runic alphabet drawn up by German mystic Guido Von List in 1906. It is known as the "mother of all runes" and represented the letter H. That probably led Himmler to use it as his own personal rune.

The Devils Bank

Postby The Devils Bank » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:19 pm

Quite interesting stuff about the "Runes" .. this any help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:04 am

resistanceunit wrote:Awesome Dave, I love it...!

But a word about the runes,

the Algiz is often referred to as the "Life" rune, which was its more prevalent meaning during the TR era. As can be seen by its adoption on the Frauenschaft badges, tinnies and used instead of the "Born" on dates on gravestones of the period, and used inverted for "Died". I think an HJ medics badge with the rune was also produced.

The Hagal rune is from the later Runic alphabet drawn up by German mystic Guido Von List in 1906. It is known as the "mother of all runes" and represented the letter H. That probably led Himmler to use it as his own personal rune.

Thanks for the info on the runes Mark :thumbsup:

mloppkit

Postby mloppkit » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:40 am

Very nice Dave,

Rarely seen piece indeed, I love these Third Reich cultural items- thanks for posting!!!

Cheers,
Michael