Shankill Protestant Boys flute players badge.

Moderator: fischer

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Shankill Protestant Boys flute players badge.

Postby Dave_Holden » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Also found this today - its a rare badge not many left out there. I am still learning about this stuff as I try and widen my collecting interests, but I believe its an 80s badge for the Shankill Protestant Boys flute players badge. Its quiet heavy and very high definition. When you see the Orange Men marching, the young boys playing the flutes will be authorised to wear these badges. Anyone who knows more about these I would certainly be interested to expand my knowledge.

A little more history courtesy of the www:

The officers and members of the Shankill Protestant Boys flute band strive to achieve the same respect that our 1st battalion West Belfast Ulster Volunteers and Ulster Special Service Force “USSF” forefathers rightfully achieved in 1913, as they marched from Lawnbrook Ave to Fernhill House to enlist in Carson’s Army to defend Ulster from the 3rd Home Rule Bill, then again in May 1915 as they enlisted in Kitcheners Army as the 36th (Ulster) Division marching from Stewards Yard Aberdeen Street as the 9th Battalion Royal Irish Rifled through Belfast and off to fight in the Great War 1914-1918.

I have no political comment - just another badge from the history of Ireland and the North of Ireland.

Regards to all -

Cheers

Dave H. %%- (%)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.