SS Masonic brigade

Christopher Ailsby

SS Masonic brigade

Postby Christopher Ailsby » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:44 pm

SS Masonic brigade - The cap eagle. I miss the Scull that would go with it. A great rarity, must be curtersy of the Grand Lodge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Re: SS Masonic brigade

Postby Dave_Holden » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Never knew these even existed Chris. As far as I understood the Masons were somewhat disliked by the political wing of the German command, so did the SS have their own branch? Would love to know more about this when you get a spare mo.

Andyb

Postby Andyb » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:49 am

As Dave said above , would love to know more about it Chris and beautiful eagle, thanks for showing :thumbsup:

Christopher Ailsby

Postby Christopher Ailsby » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:59 am

It is not mine, I saw it and thought what a "Play on words". Words being the operative TOUGHT. This piece is pure fantersy. Free Masonry and the Riech is a point of conjecture. For Hitler it was deemed to be Jewish which plainly it isn't. It is interesting that in the SA Sports award book it states Free Masons could not take part. However the Grand Lodge made a visit to Germany in 1935 what took place or why is not known. But the Award book after 1935 has the disqualification for Free Masons removed. Germany had a large Free Mason community, the Kisar was one as was many of the Militry class. Himmler based his ideas for the SS on the Tutonic knights Tempars. The simmilarty of the regalia is quit striking - Ring - Sword.

So a Bit of Fun

Christopher

Andyb

Postby Andyb » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:14 am

Wow, the Eagles details and construction look very well made to be a fantasy piece and thank you for the infom :thumbsup: