Are we all collectors and not sellers?

Forum rules
Sales Rules & Regulations
You can only sell on Broadsword if you are a registered member and have a minimum of 25 posts on the forum boards as a whole. All items must be as described in the sales post and be of the period described – unless fully stated otherwise and the item posted should actually be in the physical possession of the actual seller. Selling items that you do not have in your possession or selling on behalf of others, will lead to immediate banning from the forum. Any damage or repairs (to the best of the knowledge of the seller), should also be stated in the items description.

The seller should describe the item as it is and give adequate explanation to verify the authenticity of that particular item if known. If the item once sold is NOT as described, then that seller will be held responsible to negotiate with the buyer as to providing a refund.

Sales Links

Sales links to any other site for reasons of sale or purchase are forbidden on Broadsword. The sale post will be immediately removed by Moderators once seen.

Prices & Agreement to Purchase

The price of any item posted for sale – should be clearly stated and in British Pounds. If the seller or buyer wish to discuss the conversion from British Pounds to a currency of their choice, then they should do this by PM and not discuss openly on the forum. If the price is not clear or not listed at all, then the post will be removed by Moderators and the seller will be notified by PM and asked to re-post stating asking price clearly.

The payment method between seller and buyer should be discussed between both parties privately. PayPal is classed as easiest method – but it remains solely the choice of both parties involved. Please do not discuss on the forum - thank you.

As seller, you will have full responsibility to sell the item to the first person who responds with a commitment to buy the item offered for sale. There will be no gazumping on Broadsword – this is a Forum for gentlemen and ladies NOT scoundrels. Extortion of money by contacting potential buyers so as to “up the price”, will not be tolerated and the original sale post will be removed by Moderators if deemed necessary.
Remember, backing out of deals makes not only the seller look bad, but reflects poorly on Broadsword and its owner. It also encourages distrust among members. At Broadsword we take such issues very seriously.

Disputes

In the event of a dispute between the buyer and seller, please make all reasonable attempts to reach an agreeable conclusion for all parties involved. If this proves impossible, then in the first instance contact the Administrator and Forum Manager of Broadsword. Clearly state all relevant details and do NOT discuss openly on the forum. The instance will then be investigated and all Broadsword moderators will discuss on the matter under dispute.

The decision will be made by Broadsword moderators who will act as mediators in the dispute – this decision will be FINAL and BINDING. Both parties involved must abide by the decision.

Disclaimer

Broadsword Military Forum is in no way responsible for transactions that take place within the Broadsword Sales Table Forum. We make NO guarantees about the items for sale, or the validation and endorsements of the member selling items.

We will take reasonable steps to ensure a safe trading environment, but the responsibility for any deals that take place will be the sole responsibility of the parties involved. The forum only provides the platform for sales threads to be started.

Administration
Broadsword Military History
April 2016.
Tailgunnerdownunder

Are we all collectors and not sellers?

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:26 am

A member once said to me that what the forum needs a good sales platform which would encourage more to join and create activity within the forum. No doubt in my mind that would be the case. In this modern world sadly it seems more of a case of not what I can do for you but rather what can you provide for me. Whether that be in the form of information or in the case here something I can add to my collection. Now I know that at present there is probably not enough members to create an active selling forum and truth be known that is probably why we have little on offer in the sales forum to date. However please if you are considering selling something from your collection that you consider posting it here as well as other more active sites if for no other reason than to support the forum. Who knows you may just be surprised with the result. :thumbsup:

Regards Mark.

Christopher Ailsby

Re: Are we all collectors and not sellers?

Postby Christopher Ailsby » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Mark very valid point. But we would need to get this to the wider collecting "World". I would be happy to put some items up on a "Sales platform" to I would hope to grease the pole.

Christopher

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Exactly Christopher. I'm just providing food for thought and if anyone is considering selling something please try here as well in order to as you have well said to 'grease the pole'. Regards Mark.

The Devils Bank

Postby The Devils Bank » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:37 pm

I'll have a look to see if I have some thing to flog on here :grin: