US Presidential Badges

muckaroon1960

US Presidential Badges

Postby muckaroon1960 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:04 am

Bought these from a recent flea market to go with my other badges. 4 US Presidential Badges for Roosevelt, Truman, Nixon & Lodge (Nixon's running mate in the 1960 election). Although these are copies they were issued by the Kleenex Tissue Co in 1968 as collectors pieces and are 50 years old! Very collectable and can command a good price.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Re: US Presidential Badges

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:38 am

Well done Paul great badges :thumbsup: my bet is they did a lot more in this promotion by Kleenex so you might have started something here :smile:
Like all things in the collecting world...once you start it's hard to stop. Please keep us updated if you happen to find more :thumbsup:

Regards Mark.

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:53 pm

Really like these Paul. There are some of these shown on one program of Pawn Stars, they are very interesting badges and yes the originals are very collectable and command a high price. Look out for Pawn Stars, you might find it on youtube.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:33 pm

Yes I saw that episode as well. They had the full set ( about 30 or so ) on a board. They thought they were original issues some dating back to Lincoln and were asking big money. Research said no that they were a 'promotional ' issue in the late sixties. One of my favourite shows :thumbsup: Regards Mark.

muckaroon1960

Postby muckaroon1960 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:04 am

Tailgunnerdownunder wrote:Yes I saw that episode as well. They had the full set ( about 30 or so ) on a board. They thought they were original issues some dating back to Lincoln and were asking big money. Research said no that they were a 'promotional ' issue in the late sixties. One of my favourite shows :thumbsup: Regards Mark.

If only they had looked on the back of the badges! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:29 pm

They probably did Paul, but hey why let details get in the way of a good episode :lol: Regards Mark