Spent a few hours at my shop today.

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Spent a few hours at my shop today.

Postby Dave_Holden » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 pm

Hello all.

Spent a few hours at my potential shop today - first time. Its 35C and humid has hell, so spent most of the day drinking beer with my mate Laci. The shop needs a lot doing to it and its pretty much in need of organisation. Actually sold something, a Dorset Police Bobby helmet - first sale yipee :grin:

Not going to retire on it but giant oaks etc, etc....................................... Shop below and as you can see nothing special at the moment. I might go there for 3 days this week, but really it does need setting up to be a bit more user friendly. %%- (%) :ympeace:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

muckaroon1960

Re: Spent a few hours at my shop today.

Postby muckaroon1960 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Nice one...looking good Dave....best of luck and hope all goes well :thumbsup:

Christopher Ailsby

Postby Christopher Ailsby » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Dave there is an old adaje , "From little acorns great Oak trees grow", first steps - SUPPER. Well done any support I can give will be a pleasure.

Christopher

resistanceunit

Postby resistanceunit » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Looks like my flat Dave..! :lol: And the army surplus stores of my youth.. I bet it has that special "surplus" smell..! :wink: Have fun!

What are prices like? The cost of surplus stuff in the UK has dropped a lot since the internet and with the rise of alternatives to Royal Mail. Free trade with Europe, and Eastern Europe has seen more variety of "exotic" surplus in the UK than ever, including Hungarian stuff. Are those Hungarian or Soviet Telnyashkas? (the striped long sleeve undershirt on the shelf in the last photo..)

Andyb

Postby Andyb » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Looking good Dave and some sexy camo too \m/ , leave off the beer as all your profits will go :!! =))

The Devils Bank

Postby The Devils Bank » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Lots of potential Dave and just turn it in to a proper antique militaria shop. :ymapplause:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:10 am

Plenty of inventory that's for sure :lol: :thumbsup: much better to take over a shop that needs work than one already at the top. More opportunity to show your worth I say. Looking forward to see how things go. Best of luck with it Dave :thumbsup: Regards Mark

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:45 am

resistanceunit wrote:Looks like my flat Dave..! :lol: And the army surplus stores of my youth.. I bet it has that special "surplus" smell..! :wink: Have fun!

What are prices like? The cost of surplus stuff in the UK has dropped a lot since the internet and with the rise of alternatives to Royal Mail. Free trade with Europe, and Eastern Europe has seen more variety of "exotic" surplus in the UK than ever, including Hungarian stuff. Are those Hungarian or Soviet Telnyashkas? (the striped long sleeve undershirt on the shelf in the last photo..)

Yes certainly the smell is there at the moment Mark. The shirts are mostly Hungarian Navy - amazing that a landlocked country has a navy, but there are Soviet shirts amongst them but these are difficult to get hold off.

Prices are aimed at tourists for the collectables so same as anywhere, the surplus is aimed at Hungarians so on average 25% cheaper than UK.

Its early days and I will probably have to run this side by side with my real job as with 3 kids I need to be paying the bills of course.

Cheers Dave.

EwanS

Postby EwanS » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:35 am

your lucky!
cut that stick matey...

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Back at the shop for 5 hours tomorrow. Its so bloody hot at the moment with 67% humidity. Let you know what happens. Cheers Dave.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 pm

Good luck in the shop today Dave. This 'spell' of hot weather you've been enduring, is it normal for this time of the year? Regards Mark

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 am

Hi Dave, just wondering how the shop is going? I think an update is required good sir :lol: Regards Mark

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Got home late last night from USA Mark - no time to be there, will update later :thumbsup:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Dave_Holden wrote:Got home late last night from USA Mark - no time to be there, will update later :thumbsup:

Sorry, yes of course I forgot about that Dave. All in good time :thumbsup: Regards Mark