My new business venture - maybe?

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

My new business venture - maybe?

Postby Dave_Holden » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Just for information I am at last seriously thinking of setting up my militaria business. I have a good friend here in Hungary - (known him for 20 years) and he has offered me a place in his military shop. I worked for him around 15 years ago in downtown central Budapest but he now has a second shop in a nearby town. He cant run both, so has asked for my help. I am not busy at the moment and really need a break from my QAQC Management as I am pretty burnt out from my last position in France. I have become increasingly disappointed with my line managers who are mostly straight out of university and know jack about how to handle people so as to reach a successful conclusion of a project.

I will keep you informed, but I might give it ago as I miss my kids terribly when I am away for long periods.

Below a picture of the town where the shop is - keep you all informed and thanks for listening :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

muckaroon1960

Re: My new business venture - maybe?

Postby muckaroon1960 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Give it a go...what do you have to lose...except time away from your family which you will never get back, so go for it and good luck :thumbsup:

EwanS

Postby EwanS » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:06 pm

I take my hat off to you mate i couldn't do the distance thing from my family!

sook and see mate ;)

break a leg ole chap!

:thumbsup:

Andyb

Postby Andyb » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Go for it Lovejoy, if you don’t, you may regret it , and from past experience, whilst we were in Nuremberg, the military shop there was always attracting people :thumbsup:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Your own militaria shop...now how cool would that be. Hope you do it Dave and if so the best of luck on its success mate. By the way you don't do forum sponsorship do you? :lol: looking forward to updates on this. Regards Mark

resistanceunit

Postby resistanceunit » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:51 am

I have three things to say on the matter..

1 - If you don't want the job can I have it? :wink:
2 - Broadsword discount..? :lol:
3 - Best of luck buddy, if you do..! :-bd

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:49 pm

A very scincere thank you to all for your positive feedback, honestly I really do appreciatte it. Keep you all informed as I had a meeting today and will be looking again at the shop on Sunday. Thanks again chaps :thumbsup:

The Devils Bank

Postby The Devils Bank » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Dave, things to remember:

1- Family needs come first. More time could mean more family fun. ~o) with the missus. :-? :lol:

2- You have the experience of working with people, plus lots of knowledgeable people around you, who could help. It could be fun.

3- All militaria shops will get a lot of interest, just don't sell all the "outdoor" crap that the militaria shops sell here, knives and cheap camouflage gear x_x :smile:

4- That town shown looks nice, lots of people milling around.. but can't see a Pub :shock: deary me Dave =))

5- It would be great for the forum mate, really positive news. B-)

6- Good luck with any decision you make :ymapplause:

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:29 pm

Thanks for the advice Pete - I really do appreciate it :thumbsup:

I had a meeting with my mate over here today to discuss how things would work. He would be spending 7 days a week at his shop in Budapest and I would be 7 days a week in the other place, of course we would travel to the fairs around Europe if and when they are on.

Only decision so far is that I plan to spend Sunday with him in the new shop and see what the interest is in what I have to sell.

Here is a pub for you Pete. I have been here many times and its typical of the Hungarian family pub - 100 mtrs from the shop.

Cheers

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Devils Bank

Postby The Devils Bank » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:27 pm

"Here is a pub for you Pete. I have been here many times and its typical of the Hungarian family pub - 100 mtrs from the shop".

My faith in humanity has been restored Dave.. 8-} :grin:

Christopher Ailsby

Postby Christopher Ailsby » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:46 pm

Dave from a very Old Hells Hamster, I wish you well. I did send you a PM, but my abilitys in this IT World are very limited. Having said that - your ability and integrity - will make a great place to go. I wish you all good luck in the venture. Any help I might be able to give would be a pleasure.

My very best wishes

Christopher

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks Christopher - I am doing nothing regarding my real job at present, so what the hell why not. Nice ladies to look at as well this time of year when its very hot :thumbsup:

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:55 am

Hello all. Starting to put a business website together so keep you all informed - hope to launch it early 2019. Will be pushing the shop a lot more when I get home from Northern Ireland. So much stuff is coming out of Germany at the moment as the owners die off and the younger generation wants to sell off. Interest is high even for the high end stuff. I hope to be back in Germany in November to collect a few things. Cheers Dave.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:39 am

Looking forward to hearing about it all Dave, particularly the stuff about to come out of the woodwork as they say. Anything could turn up. Possibly exciting times lay ahead in the collecting world. Regards Mark

The Devils Bank

Postby The Devils Bank » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:50 pm

Yes, hopefully the stuff that might become available might get us some "new members" who have been "sleeping" recently... =))

Keep us informed Dave, with the relics of the past. :thumbsup:

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:08 pm

Will do chaps. I am waiting on information at the moment, most is being found around the Berchtesgaden area as usual.