USMC Shirt and Trousers used in "The Pacific" mini series.

Tailgunnerdownunder

USMC Shirt and Trousers used in "The Pacific" mini series.

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:39 am

Some time back now some members might recall a M1 helmet I featured in the Helmet Forum with a USMC camo cover that was used in the filming of the 10 part mini series "The Pacific".
For those that didn't see it here it is now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Re: USMC Shirt and Trousers used in "The Pacific" mini series.

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:00 am

At the time I purchased the helmet cover I also bought a shirt and pair of trousers also used in the TV series. Maybe not a period item in the true sense of the word but collectible none the less and 10 out of 10 for realism :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:09 am

As you can see the shirt and the trousers have been aged and soiled, torn etc but also show great attention to detail.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:14 am

The shirt came with a C.O.A. :thumbsup:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:31 am

The same applies to the trousers, aged, torn, soiled etc and the attention to detail is there also :thumbsup:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:46 am

It is only my guess but after looking at the button fly on the trouser that whoever had to wear these did so under sufferance because I think they were a size or two, too small. You notice how the bottom three button holes have been stretched open through use yet the top couple show no use at all. I think his waist was a tad larger than a 32. :lol:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:50 am

The trousers also came with a C.O.A :thumbsup:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:07 am

While these aren't actual WW2 period items they do look realistic and make for a great display.
I have included the link for those members who might want to check out the helmet cover posted previously.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2656

Thanks for taking the time to view my collection of items from the great mini series "The Pacific"

Regards Mark.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:09 am

Promotional trailer for the series :thumbsup:

www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi3159819545

Regards Mark.

muckaroon1960

Postby muckaroon1960 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:32 am

Any ideas as to who used this uniform?

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:53 am

No Paul. All I have is the certificates and the markings on the collar of the shirt which could mean anything. Would be great to know. Judging by its condition I imagine it was used either on Pelieu or Okinawa or Iwo Jima scenes or all three. Was thinking of you when posting this thread :thumbsup: Regards Mark.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:02 am

I might also add that the series was filmed in Australia and needless to say it is one of my favourites. Very pleased to have a piece of its production history in my possession. Every time I watch the series I wonder which person on camera is wearing that uniform and helmet cover. I did also purchase a promotional poster which I intend to frame and one day set it up on a mannequin with the poster. Fan of the series? I sure am :lol: Regards Mark.

The Devils Bank

Postby The Devils Bank » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Great"used" look to that uniform.. may be a bit too much "used" look! :grin:

Just gives you a little idea about the hell of the war in the Pacific Islands.

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:55 pm

You really got to get this displayed Mark. If you do a search for The Propstore, you will see what sort of price the movie memrobelia is selling for. I have been in the Propstore warehouse years ago, they have amazing stuff.

Andyb

Postby Andyb » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:05 pm

What a superb collection, even if it’s not real , it still has the provenance of being in the Pacific series. Just how close were the items made to the real issue Mark ^:)^

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:37 am

Andyb wrote:What a superb collection, even if it’s not real , it still has the provenance of being in the Pacific series. Just how close were the items made to the real issue Mark ^:)^

Exact as possible Andy. They were made by a company in the US that also made clothing for many well known films and miniseries as well for reenactment groups and general public. I have bought some items from them in the past. They supplied to Band of Brothers as well before the Pacific. They made a point of making new items only after examining original examples and copying them as close as possible. Fabric weave, colours, camo pattern, style etc were all covered. If someone had one of their items on standing next to another soldier in 1944 neither soldier would know or tell the difference. If good enough or Mr Spielberg well......Regards Mark

Andyb

Postby Andyb » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:50 am

Brilliant Mark :thumbsup: , when items are done like this for tv and collectors the will be classsed as reproductions I presume as they won’t have the original label in side , if the labels were made as original as possible they will then become fakes , if you know what I mean :-o

What I am trying to say is that the company made them as near as possible for a reason of using them in a series and not trying to pass them off as original to sell :grin: :-bd

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:34 am

Indeed Andy :thumbsup: thanks mate. Regards Mark