Incredible Holy Relic of the True Cross

Moderator: Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider

Incredible Holy Relic of the True Cross

Postby Knight_Rider » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:13 am

Now when you clicked on this I am sure you were skeptical or just curious. That being said I recently acquired this piece from a gentleman who found this at an estate sale of a priest.

He believes the relic to be preserved and sealed in the 1800's to which after more research on relics of the church, I agree. it is sealed by no less then an Bishop or Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church. Over the years since the Middle Ages ( When relics were in a golden age in Europe), relics have been collected by the Church and authenticated and sealed. Now with all that in mind, ever since the early Middle Ages and before there were most definitely fakes abound in regards to relics just like in late 1945 and so on there being fakes of German militaria.

I am still trying to figure out which Holy Authority sealed this one, there were many different seals over the years.

A very interesting and scared part of history, there is a Catholic Church here in the US that is built around a relic just like this one of the True Cross.

I understand some may have doubts and just think ownership of such a piece to be shameful, but a prominent member of the Catholic church, a friend of mine likes it very much and that is good enough for me!

I hope you enjoy viewing this piece of history.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PHILBROWN

Re: Incredible Holy Relic of the True Cross

Postby PHILBROWN » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:29 am

hi aaron, this appears to be a church item possibly stolen in the past,im sure this is truely a very special piece and needs reporting to the diocese immediatly. wheather one beleives or not this is truely the nearest thing to the holy grail you will find,,,,,,,,,,,,,,id love it,but would give it to our local church to display for all.:thumbsup:

Knight_Rider

Postby Knight_Rider » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:07 am

Hello Phil, thanks for your thoughts. I have been doing a bit of research on these and these were given out to priests and other official members of the Church it seems like, these originally came with certifying papers with the Bishop's or Cardinal's seal, this one the papers have been lost to time. I may never know who owned it.

That being said I am one step closer to figuring out the origin, the seal is French. Now I just need to try and see if I can find who sealed it.

This is how I felt though when I got it! :thumbsup:

PHILBROWN wrote:hi aaron, this appears to be a church item possibly stolen in the past,im sure this is truely a very special piece and needs reporting to the diocese immediatly. wheather one beleives or not this is truely the nearest thing to the holy grail you will find,,,,,,,,,,,,,,id love it,but would give it to our local church to display for all.:thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PHILBROWN

Postby PHILBROWN » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:43 pm

i still want to buy it Aaron :thumbsup:

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Certainly the heart with the wire thorns around it is of French design - certainly agree it has its origins in France. Funny you should bring this to the forefront Phil - because I have just had the same design tattooed on my arm. Great minds.................................................... :thumbsup:

If we meet in Munich - I will show you.

Cheers

Dave.

PHILBROWN

Postby PHILBROWN » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:39 pm

im glad its your arm,,,,,,, :eek: :mrgreen: god allowing i will be there on 1st may with Ron and andy,,,,, be there ,ive still got your art cards and berchy step marble Lovejoy :thumbsup: your round :lol:

Andyb

Postby Andyb » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Sorry for being FICK :shock: but what exactly is it :grin:

PHILBROWN

Postby PHILBROWN » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:24 pm

a fragment of christ's crucifixion cross :thumbsup:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:31 am

Andyb wrote:Sorry for being FICK :shock: but what exactly is it :grin:

Don't worry Andy I was thinking the same thing mate. Thanks Phil now we both know I guess. Regards Mark.