United States Air Force Reserve

muckaroon1960

United States Air Force Reserve

Postby muckaroon1960 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:40 pm

After the end of World War 2 in 1947 the United States air force was formed as a stand alone fighting force and in 1948 the US Air Force Reserve was created to provide combat-ready units for active duty to support the Regular Air Force and to be able to participate in any national security situation. The air force reserve has access to different types of aircraft including tankers, supply and combat aircraft. Not only are there reserve pilots but ground and technical staff also. The air force reserve is one of a number of reserve units including Army, Navy and Marine Corp. More notable members included Lt Gen James Dolittle (Medal of Honor and led the raid on Tokyo), Brig Gen James Stewart (actor) and Col Robert Morgan (Memphis Belle Pilot).
The headquarters of the reserve is Robins Air Force Base, Georgia with over 80,000 available reservists and over 300 aircraft.

My collection of USAF Reserve:
Embroidered Air Reserve Patches. Air Force Reserve Meritorious Service Medal and Armed Forces Reserve medal (Air Force). :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Christopher Ailsby

Re: United States Air Force Reserve

Postby Christopher Ailsby » Sat May 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Again a great post. I learn something new every time, thank you

Christopher

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Sat May 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Very nice collection Paul and great to see :thumbsup:

Regards Mark

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Sun May 17, 2020 8:30 am

Again all new knowledge and thanks Paul. I have a few of these medals in a box I picked up in Northern Ireland, now I know all about the history :thumbsup:

Andyb

Postby Andyb » Sun May 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Another brilliant collection Paul :thumbsup: