Female RAD Brooch.

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Female RAD Brooch.

Postby Dave_Holden » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:43 pm

I have had this for around 20 years, picked it up in Berlin and I remember the arcade and its still there as I checked on my recent visit.

Frauenarbeitsdienst' Members Brooch (Mitgliedsbrosche). I love the design and detail - thanks for looking :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Re: Female RAD Brooch.

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:45 am

Looks like a nice condition example Dave. About the size of a NSDAP badge? I know it was a long time ago but was it ok to sell these sort of items in Germany? What is it like now? Regards Mark.

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:33 am

Tailgunnerdownunder wrote:Looks like a nice condition example Dave. About the size of a NSDAP badge? I know it was a long time ago but was it ok to sell these sort of items in Germany? What is it like now? Regards Mark.

I am away from home at the moment Mark, but no its much larger than an NSDAP badge, approx 40mm diameter. Its still closely controlled in Germany and not much is on display openly in antique shops etc. In partucular the Bavarian government are watching everything and penalties can be very harsh and instant. In my opinon a dangerous thing to do as if you bury your history it may come back later.

Below a photo I found on the internet showing how these brooches were worn. The one in the photo is the same size as mine but different design:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:02 am

I can see the size scale now Dave thanks. Much larger than I thought.

Regards Mark.

The Devils Bank

Postby The Devils Bank » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Nice brooch Dave, never seen one before :thumbsup: