BDM Day Badge?

Moderator: EwanS

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

BDM Day Badge?

Postby Dave_Holden » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Hello all.

I was at a nice little friendly fair today here in Southern France. These fairs are small but they always throw up unusual items. I am posting this in the BDM section as I believe its BDM related and I guess a day badge. I am away from my books at present so I cannot research. I have seen the symbol before, but cannot remember what it is - any help would be greatly appreciated. The lace work on the badge is intact and very detailed. With the figures at the bottom being youthful, I am thinking lace would not be on a HJ badge but of course BDM.

Like I said any pointers to what it is would be great - thanks. I picked up 3 items and will post all today.

Cheers

Dave H.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

resistanceunit

Re: BDM Day Badge?

Postby resistanceunit » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:02 pm

Lovely looking badge Dave, but"NSV" was not part of the BDM, it was an organisation in its own right:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa ... 7s_Welfare

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:01 pm

You got it and thanks for the brilliant link. I knew I had seen that symbol before but couldent remember without my reference books. I am totally wrong with the BDM and certainly the NSV was an organisation on its own. Thanks Mark - Cheers Dave.

resistanceunit

Postby resistanceunit » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:45 pm

No worries Dave. It's an awesome looking design. I have an nice little NSV stickpin somewhere... Cost me £1.50 at a car boot :grin:
I remember doing some research on a late war soldbuch to a guy stationed at "Festung" Frankfurt an der Oder - it was on the defensive line about 45km from Berlin. With the Red Army advanced a wave of civilians poured into the town to take shelter, and the NSV helped sort things out. Interesting civil organisation.

Dave_Holden
Site Admin

Postby Dave_Holden » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:36 am

These small organisations from the TR period I am always interested in. The items out there are always cheaper than the usual stuff people are looking for, but the quality and designs for me are very interesting. I Wonder why they decided to make a lace design on the one I have? Surely a slow process if massed produced and why go to all that trouble???

Many questions - its what makes this hobby of ours so fascinating :thumbsup:

Tailgunnerdownunder

Postby Tailgunnerdownunder » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Congratulations Dave on finding such a great little badge. Great detail. A collector friend of mine discovered the Winter Relief Badges and liked them so much he started collecting them. There seemed endless styles to collect and I believe they were made to generate funds for the organisation. Like many organisations do today. He had quite a large collection, even his wife collected them and quite inexpensive too. Regards Mark

EwanS

Postby EwanS » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:40 pm

very nice item mate!! :thumbsup: